1 Peter 2:11-12
Passage: 1 Peter 2:11–12
MISSIONAL COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
1. Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching on 1 Peter 2:11-12, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you? What was the major takeaway for you?
2. (Read 1 Peter 2:11)For the church to transform a culture we must abstain from sin. Read Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 5:1-4, Matthew 6:24. How do these passages encourage us to abstain from the passions of our flesh? What lines need to be drawn in your life? How can we help you as a community of faith to draw clear lines and encourage you not to cross them?
3. (Read 1 Peter 2:12) We are God’s agents in transforming our culture. Verse 12, commands us to illustrate the gospel through our actions. Look through the New Testament and write down two scriptures where Jesus illustrates his/our ministry to the marginalized. How should we see/serve the materially poor, refugees, immigrants, different races, in view of the gospel?
4. If this was the last time Mission Church was to gather as a community of faith…would there be any effect on the community of Bowling Green? Why or why not? What is the root issue? How should we respond?
5. How will abstaining from sin and illustrating the gospel with our conduct effect our worship, discipleship making, and multiplying?