1 Peter 4:12-19
Passage: 1 Peter 4:12–19
MISSIONAL COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
1. "Suffering is a fruit of salvation." What is your reaction to this statement?
2. How do we obediently confront and speak to the evil and suffering of this world but at the same time focus on wholly on Jesus Christ?
3. Read John 6:52-69. This is just one example of Jesus thinning his crowds that were following him by saying something hard to hear. Find other examples. What are things that Jesus could say that would make you consider leaving? Think of these things in order to identify idols in your life. What is stopping you from saying what Simon Peter says in verse 68?
4. What are some real costs we may face in the future? How can we or should we react to those?
5. What is the difference between 'happiness' and 'joy'? What does scripture have to say about each?