Passage: Matthew 17:14–27
MISSIONAL COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
1.Pray and re-read Matthew 17:14-27(If possible listen to the sermon again)
2. In looking over your notes from Sunday, what was the most important truth from God's Word? Was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
3. List 3 attributes of Jesus in Matthew 17 as a whole?
What does this reveal to us about his character and nature?
4. Jesus displays much patience with us as we see here in Matthew 17. How is his patience different than todays cultural definition of tolerance?
How can we go about displaying God’s patience without being tolerant of sin?
5. Do you find yourself tempted to believe that God is obligated to answer our prayers if we just believe enough?
How is this contradicted by our passage? How does believing that he is obligated contradict what Jesus is really saying here?
6. In what areas of life are you sometimes tempted to find your identity instead of finding it in Christ and his Word?
How are you specifically fighting this temptation?
7. Watch this video.
Thinking back to the Transfiguration…I firmly believe that we will become more like what/who we behold most. We will be discipled by someone or something.
What does it look like to behold Christ today even though he is not visible?
Take a look at the way you spent your time this week? How can you better prioritize Jesus in your daily lives?