A Community of Light
1. Re-read 1 John 1:1-10. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over your notes from this weeks sermon (or the past few weeks in 2 Timothy) what was the most important truth from God's Word? Was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged you, or confused you? Any questions?
3. Read Matthew 5:14-16. After hearing Sunday's sermon how do you resonate with this scripture? How does it apply to both of these first two sermons in 1 John?
4. What truths about God, Christ, the Spirit, etc. truly hype you up when you hear it or are reminded of it? Why?
5. Are there currently or have there been areas of darkness in your life that you were reluctant to release to God and bring to the light? What are/were they?
If current, how can we as an MC help you to begin walking in the light?
If past, share with us how God led you out of the darkness? What scriptures helped you in this process?
6.We tend to either overplay the devil, meaning we blame him for everything from dead batteries to flat tires. Or we have a tendency to underplay him, meaning we do not take him seriously and truly war against him.
Are you prone to either of these? How can scripture rightly orient us to the wiles of the devil to give us a proper wartime mentality?
**We hope you are all being intentional to share the message of Jesus with others. Please share these stories, even if 'unsuccessful' attempts. It will help us all and encourage us all to step out and do the same. We must have this as a culture in our church.**