April 10, 2022 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
Passage: Matthew 21:1–11
1. Reread Matthew 21:1-11, Mark 11:1-11,Luke 19:28-40, and John 12:12-19. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. Not all of the stories and parables are found in all four gospels. The triumphal entry is one. Does anything stand out to you from the different renderings of this event?
4. This is the story that begins Holy Week every year. What can we do or what do you do to make sure that it does not become humdrum or monotonous?
5. Who Jesus claims to be is of utmost importance. Many times you will hear people argue that Jesus never claimed to be God. Using scriptures, refute this claim.
6. What earthy weapons are you still holding onto in order to fight for your peace? What will it take for you to lay those weapons down and rely on Jesus to be your peace?
More in Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
January 29, 2023A Pastor's Love for His Church
January 22, 20231 Corinthians 15:50-58
January 15, 2023Resurrected Bodies?