Surrendering Your Rights
Passage: 1 Corinthians 9:1–18
Missional Community Questions
1. Reread 1 Corinthians 8-9. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again here.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. What rights do you see in your own life as the hardest to give up if you were asked to? WHy do those particular ones stand out?
4. What is the best way to value the gospel more than our individual rights?
5. This is not the only place we see in scripture we are asked to or given examples of giving up rights for the sake of others and their good. Can you give other examples? Why is this concept so difficult for us to do?
6. I think that the evils of the prosperity gospel are well known. What are the lies of the “poverty gospel” and why are they equally as dangerous?
7. Why do you think people have such vitriol and strong opinions about the paying of pastors?