All for the Sake of the Gospel
Passage: 1 Corinthians 9:19–27
Missional Community Questions
1. Reread 1 Corinthians 9. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. Jesus came to be a servant to all…meaning all peoples, all types of people. Are there any ‘types’ of people you find it hard to serve or joyfully serve? Why is that? And how can a better view of Jesus make this easier?
4. When and how have you seen “contextualization” taken too far? How did this obscure the message being delivered? How do we battle against this both corporately and individually?
5. “There must be flexibility in the messenger, not the message.”--D. A. Carson
How would you explain this statement to a brand new believer who wants to be faithful to the Great Commission?
6. “Reading and prayer and church membership/attendance will never be important to you until Jesus is.”-Eric Baker
How did you respond to this statement when you first heard it? Has that initial response changed since you have had time to think about it more?