Prepare the Way for Jesus
February 5, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 8:1–8
Missional Community Questions:
1. Reread 1 Corinthians 12. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. Read Matthew 16:13-14. Jesus asks a question that is still valid 2000+ years later. Who does the world/culture say that Jesus is? And more importantly, how can we Biblically refute some of these false claims/perceptions?
4. Read Matthew 24:4-5. What is the only way to recognize false ‘Christs’?
5. “What comes to mind when we think of God is the most important thing about us.”--A. W. Tozer
What are the first 3-4 things that come to mind when you think of Jesus? What are his most prevalent attributes in your mind?
6. In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
7. On Sunday we discussed the three names of Jesus given in this tex: Jesus meaning Yahweh saves, Christ meaning Messiah, Chosen One, and Son of God meaning Jesus is divine, deity, God and man. Which of these was most poignant to you? And why?
More in Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
March 26, 2023Made Clean
March 19, 2023Jesus the Praying Preacher
March 12, 2023The Authority of Jesus