The Temptation of Jesus
February 19, 2023 Speaker: Justin Crowe Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 1:12–13
Missional Community Questions:
1. Reread Mark 1:1-13. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. Read Matthew 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-12. How do these texts reinforce the manhood of Jesus that we see Mark emphasizing?
5. Read Hebrews 2:14-18 and 4:14-16. These texts should make us worship Jesus even more. Does it? Why or why not?
6. How does seeing that you are utterly incapable of behaving perfectly all of the time actually serve as an encouragement? How does it point us and draw us back to Jesus to see that ?
7. Does seeing your own struggles help you appreciate the perfection of Jesus more or does it make it more difficult to picture Jesus as a real man with real temptations? Why? And how can this series help with that understanding?
8. Which nature of Jesus do you find yourself overemphasizing (God or man)? Why do you think that is?