The Message of Jesus
February 26, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 1:14–15
Missional Community Questions:
1. Reread Mark 1:14-15 If possible, listen to the sermon again
2. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
3. What is the significance of seeing Jesus as a “Preacher?” Why is this crucial to having an accurate portrait of Jesus? Why was important for Jesus and for His followers to proclaim [use words] in sharing the gospel?
4. Jesus declares the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Why does Jesus preach the Kingdom of God is near? How is the Kingdom of God “now” but “not yet?”
5. Discuss as a group the definition of “repentance” and “belief.” Go to biblegateway.com and word search repent and faith. Are “repentance" and “belief" works? What is the danger of “repenting from sin” but not “believing in the gospel”? What is the danger of considering yourself a “believer in the gospel” but not “repenting from sin?”
6. How do we [and more importantly the scripture] reconcile that we are saved by faith alone in Christ alone and yet are called to obey King Jesus?
7. As an MC, we want to encourage you to join us in praying for true revival.
More in Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
March 26, 2023Made Clean
March 19, 2023Jesus the Praying Preacher
March 12, 2023The Authority of Jesus