March 26, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 1:40–45
Missional Community Questions:
Click to listen to the sermon recording.
1. Reread Mark 1:40-45. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. How has God ever used “pain” as a good thing in your life? Explain and share what God used it for specifically.
5. If Jesus has authority over even bacteria and germs then what would you tell someone who asked you “then why is there still cancer and other sicknesses in the world at all?
6. Even with the best of intentions disobedience is never good. How have you seen disobedience with the best of intentions (i.e. telling people about your cured leprosy even when told not to) teach you difficult lessons or backfire and cause problems? WHat did you learn in these situations?
7. We either take sin too lightly or treat our own sin (or others sometimes) as too bad to be forgiven. Which are you? Why do you think you lean in this particular direction? Use scripture to refute whichever side of the fence you are on.
More in Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
May 21, 2023Mark 3:22-30
May 14, 2023Mark 3:7-21
May 7, 2023Mark 3:1-6