Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath
April 30, 2023 Speaker: Todd Crosby Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 2:23–28
Missional Community Questions:
1. Reread Mark 2:18-22. If possible, listen to the sermon again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. The Pharisees, in an attempt to be holy, added layers to the law. They made the rules and themselves ‘over religious’. What modern things have we done the same things to? How have we made some ways of living for God stifling instead of joyful rest and restoration?
5. How has Jesus been your rest in your own life? How has turning your life over to Jesus removed the pressure and given relief from the burden that manmade religion can place on you?
6. In an effort to not be ‘Pharasaical’ some people, or even churches, have gone too far the other way. How have you seen this in your own life or in the life of a church culture? How can we be aware of and guard against it individually and as Mission Church?
7. While we are no longer under the old law to rest and Sabbath on a specific day, what are you saying about Jesus when you refuse to rest well?