May 7, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 3:1–6
Missional Community Questions:
1. Reread Mark 3: 1-6. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. It is actually pretty typical for new Christians to be less like the Pharisees. Early on, especially if they had a really torrid past, they wholeheartedly accept grace and a non works based salvation. It is as we mature in our faith that this seems to creep back in. So why is it so easy for us to begin relying on our works and thinking we have anything to do with our salvation? How do we combat this and keep from becoming like the Pharisees?
5. The Pharisees had taken a good gift from God in the Sabbath and made it a burden. What other gifts have you, or the church, turned into a burden instead of the joy God intended it to be? How do we redeem them?
6. In what ways does your life reflect a ‘callousness’ to Jesus?
7. On the flip side, how does your life reflect a callousness to sin?