September 10, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 6:7–13
Missional Community Questions:
- Reread Mark 6:1-13. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
- Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
- WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
- Our challenge as Christians is to always take Jesus seriously. This is not always easy but it is always necessary…no matter how long you have been following him. Have you currently or ever become too familiar with Jesus? Too complacent in your spiritual maturity? Too content with your current level of faith? How did you (or how can we help you now) come out of that?
- Be honest with yourself and with the group…where are you in your spiritual boot camp? Just getting started? Long time soldier? Somewhere in between? No matter where you are how can we help you get top the next step?
- We have all been called to carry this gospel to the world and proclaim it…make no mistake, we are in wartime. Yet, many times, we are hesitant or unwilling to share the gospel. WHat are some of the reasons you have heard other use or used yourself and how can we get past those?
- What does it mean to ‘shake the dust off’ in regards to people? When should this happen?