MISSION and VISION
18And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Matthew 22:37-39 37
And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the great and first commandment. 39And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Acts 1:8 8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
We express theses passages in a simple but profound mission statement:
In scripture we see followers of Jesus worshipping Jesus with their lives, making disciples, and multyplying (planting churches that plant churches and disciples that make disciples).
Simply put, we want God’s mission to be our mission.
We believe the commission that Jesus has given to all of us is to be a disciple and make disciples of all nations for God’s glory. We desire to see people of all ages, races, and social status engaging in an authentic genuine relationship with Jesus locally, nationally, and globally.
Our prayer is that over the span of the next 50 years that the Holy Spirit would allow us to serve and witness the expansion of His church through the people of Mission.
- Plant Churches: 100 church plants throughout the world
- Mission Communities in every neighborhood in Bowling Green (90% of our congregation involved in one)
- 90% of our congregation are Covenant Members who take this covenant very seriously
- Weekly Conversions
- Monthly Baptisms
- Covenant Members sharing the gospel in their neighborhoods and workplaces weekly
- Mature Gospel Centered nursery through university ministry
- Healthy, biblical, policies and procedures
- Healthy pastoral staff, that serve with one another and truly are brothers
- 50% of congregation in one on one or one on group discipleship
- Send 50 full time missionaries to people groups all over the world
- Involved in translating the Bible into languages in which it does not currently exist
- Impact in Bowling Green through meeting the needs of social issues
- Church Planters Residence Program aimed at training then sending out church planters
- Music Ministry writing and producing our own worship music that reflects the greatness of God and the mission/vision of Mission Church
- Pastors publishing books and resources to equip and encourage followers of Jesus
- A trans-cultural congregation and pastoral staff
- 50-100 kids adopted/foster care by Covenant Members at Mission Church
- Our own space for gathering, however Covenant Members who understand this building is not the church, but simply a tool for achieving the mission