Palm Sunday 2015
March 29, 2015 Speaker: Justin Crowe Series: Stand Alone
Passage: John 12
MISSION COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
Was there anything from this past Sunday's sermon that confused you, challenged you, or encouraged you? What was the major personal takeaway from the sermon for you?
1. What are some things you wish Jesus had not said or taught? Why?
2. In what areas do you feel Jesus is truly the king of your life? In what areas is he not?
3. What is your worship of Jesus contingent upon, even if it is only sometimes?
4. Compare yourself specifically to the Jews who were praising Jesus for the wrong reasons during the Triumphal Entry.
5. Find an OT passage that points forward to Jesus (Messianic). Identify parts that are easy to accept and make us want to praise him. Identify the difficult parts that do not naturally lead us to praise.
6. How did the sermon expose more about who the real Biblical Jesus is? How does this differ from your previous notions of who he is?
7. How can we better exemplify this Jesus in our daily lives?
8. In what specific ways is Jesus asking you to 'knowingly ride to your death' daily?
More in Stand Alone
April 21, 2019Resurrection Sunday 2019
April 14, 2019Palm Sunday 2019
January 6, 2019Celebration Sunday 2019