Passage: Matthew 20:17–34
MISSIONAL COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
1.Pray and re-read Matthew 20(If possible listen to the sermons again).
2. In looking over your notes from Sunday, what was the most important truth from God's Word? Was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
3. Why are we so determined to live as if we somehow deserve or need to earn God's grace and mercy?
4. Explain the difference between other world religions and Christianity as we see it in chapter 20 in regards to human merit.
5. Why can't grace and pride, greed, or self-righteousness coexist? List other scriptures that remind of this truth.
6. In what ways do you totally identify with the demands of James and John in Matthew 20:20-28? In what ways do you totally identify with the dependency of the blind men from Matthew 20:29-34?
7. What does this chapter reveal to us about God's character and nature?