The Power of the Cross (Part 1)
February 6, 2022 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
Passage: 1 Corinthians 1:18–31
1. Reread 1 Corinthians 1:18-31. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. What remnants of “enlightenment thinking” still seem to hold sway in your life? How has Jesus and His Word come against it or made you question it?
4. Think of some truly valid questions you have asked yourself or been asked about God and his interaction with creation…How were you able to answer those questions from God’s Word? Or are you still waiting for answers? If so, ask them of your MC.
5. What does verse 31 mean to you? Why do we all need constant reminders of this?
6.Are you in awe or shock every day that you wake up still believing? If so, list some verses that give you comfort and encouragement.
More in Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
January 29, 2023A Pastor's Love for His Church
January 22, 20231 Corinthians 15:50-58
January 15, 2023Resurrected Bodies?