The Power of the Cross (Part 2)
February 13, 2022 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
Passage: 1 Corinthians 1:18– 2:5
1. Reread 1 Corinthians 1:18-2:5. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. The church and her people should always stand out from the world. Where do you see this most? Where do you see the most overlap of the world and the church? What about in your own lives?
4. Are you guilty of overcomplicating the gospel? How so? How does this text/sermon help simplify?
5. The Bible over and over and over again reiterates how bad, evil, dead, broken, and sinful we are. While this can be discouraging at times, how is it also a source of encouragement for those of us weho are in Christ?
6. “The Word of the cross”
What comes to mind when you hear these words? Cite scripture that helps you frame it in your own mind.
More in Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
January 29, 2023A Pastor's Love for His Church
January 22, 20231 Corinthians 15:50-58
January 15, 2023Resurrected Bodies?