March 27, 2022 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
Passage: 1 Corinthians 5:1–8
1. Reread 1 Corinthians 5. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. Have any of you been a part of a church who exercised Biblical church discipline? How was it handled? How did the membership react?
4. What is the key difference between discipline and punishment? How does the church stand in the gap of this difference?
5. How would you respond to someone who says “but don’t we all sin’ or ‘you are not supposed to judge’ in reference to the church practicing discipline?
6. How does Biblical church discipline done right protect both the individual and the church as a whole?
More in Fight The Drift: A Study of 1 Corinthians
January 29, 2023A Pastor's Love for His Church
January 22, 20231 Corinthians 15:50-58
January 15, 2023Resurrected Bodies?