Jesus Calls the Disciples
March 5, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 1:16–20
Missional Community Questions:
Click here to listen to the sermon.
1. Reread Mark 1:1-20. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. Jesus called his first disciples and us the same, a simple message of “follow me”. What does it actually mean to “follow Jesus”? What significance is it to us that he did this the opposite of the Old Testament traditions and called his disciples to him?
5. Read 1 Corinthians 11:1. Would you feel comfortable telling someone this? WHy or why not? How can we as a church help hold each other to this standard without becoming legalistic?
6. Jesus chose you…not the other way around. How does this strike you? What are the common objections to this and how would the Bible refute those objections? Use scripture for your answers.
7. Watch Do sheep only obey their Master's voice? “Jesus calls with authority and in humility people follow.”--Pastor Eric There is no issue with Jesus’ authority so if you are having difficulty following Jesus it is a problem with your humility. Pray that God would humble you so that you can faithfully follow after the shepherd.
More in Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
May 21, 2023Mark 3:22-30
May 14, 2023Mark 3:7-21
May 7, 2023Mark 3:1-6