Jesus the Praying Preacher
March 19, 2023 Speaker: Justin Crowe Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 1:29–39
Missional Community Questions:
Click here to listen to the sermon recording.
1. Reread Mark 1:21-39. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. Most people either underestimate the enemy and give the devil and his spiritual forces any credit or thought or they overestimate him and make everything that happens a spiritual battle. Which are you? Why do you think that is? How does falling in either of these two categories present problems?
5. Jesus has all authority over everything. He is sovereign over the things we consider good and what we consider bad. What questions does this make you ask? How can you answer those concerns with scripture?
6. What are some practical ways we see in scripture we see people experiencing God instead of just knowing about him?
7. What are some reasons (excuses) why you or others have used to justify being spectators of the gospel and not actors?
More in Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
May 21, 2023Mark 3:22-30
May 14, 2023Mark 3:7-21
May 7, 2023Mark 3:1-6