April 9, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker
Passage: Matthew 28:1–10
Missional Community Questions:
1. Reread Mark 2:1-12. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. Why is it sometimes difficult to view dealing with our sin as our most important need even, more than any and all physical ailments?
5. Some are more prone to ‘stay on the mat’ of sin and dwell there even though we have been healed by Jesus and are called to walk and talk with a new identity. On the flip side of the previous question, why is it that some of us struggle with moving on from our sin and ‘taking up our mat and walking’?
6. How did reminding ourselves that Good Friday was a terrible day for one but an amazing day for many change or reinvigorate your view of and love for the cross?
7. How did hearing again that the grave is empty and that Jesus indeed rose and is indeed alive remind you of your first love? Why is it so easy to forget?