November 26, 2023 Speaker: Eric Baker Series: Who Is This? A Portrait of Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 8:14–21
Missional Community Questions:
1. Reread Mark 8:14-21. If possible, listen to the sermon(s) again.
2. Looking back over this sermon and this sermon series, how has God convicted your heart, stirred your affections for Jesus, drawn you closer to Him? How has the Word challenged, confused, or made you ask questions?
3. WEEKLY QUESTION: Who Is This? In what ways were your views of Jesus challenged, changed, or reinforced by this weeks sermon and text? In what ways have your thoughts about Jesus changed as you have matured in your faith?
4. “Being familiar with Jesus does not equal having faith in Jesus.”
How would you describe the difference in these two things to someone? And how have you seen this play out in your own faith journey?
5. The warnings that were offered on Sunday were against self deception and against false teaching or worldliness being allowed to seep in. Where else do you see these warnings in scripture and how can we continually be on guard for ourselves and for others?