The Gospel Centered Church and Unity
Passage: Romans 15:1–15:23
MISSIONAL COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
SERMON: THE GOSPEL CENTERED CHURCH AND UNITY
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching on Romans 15:1-13, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Read Galatians 6:1-2. How does this apply to what we read in Romans 15:1-2? What does it mean then for us “who are strong to bear with the failings of the weak’?
2. What does this have to do with unity? How does the gospel portray this?
3. Can we do a better job of welcoming outsiders to Mission Church? How so? Why should we according to verse 7b?
4. Verses 9-12 reference OT scripture. Read Psalm 22:49, Deut. 32:43, Psalm 117:1, and Isaiah 11:10. Why are these verses/ideas brought up here in the context of unity in Romans?
5. We know that the cross was the ultimate example of bearing with the weak as we see in verse 3. Let us never gloss over this or take it for granted. Find an example of how Jesus lived this out in his life even before the cross and share it with the group.
6. So what?
More in The Gospel Centered Church
February 8, 2015The Gospel Centered Church (Book of Romans Conclusion)
February 1, 2015The Gospel Centered Church and Ambition
January 18, 2015The Gospel Centered Church and Grey Areas