The Gospel Centered Church (Book of Romans Conclusion)
Passage: Romans 16–16
MISSIONAL COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
Looking back over the entirety of Romans is there anything that stands out, still confuses you, challenges you, etc.? Now is the time to ask any questions you may still have as we will be starting a new series next week.
1. What is the significance in Paul's shoutouts?
2. What connotation does the word SERVANT have today? Why? How can we be better servants and redeem this word?
3. What if Paul was to write a letter to Mission Church and in his conclusion give shoutouts? What would he say about you? What if every person at Mission Church was a member just like you (ie. give of their time, talent, and treasure...to the same degree that you do). Would the church become stagnant, die, or grow?
4. Most of us will probably never literally have to risk our physical lives for the gospel...maybe. BUT what are ways we can ‘risk for the gospel’ in our daily lives? Why are we unwilling to do so?
5. Paul also concludes with a warning. What is this warning and why is it significant? Read Titus 1, Acts 20:29-30, 2 Peter 2:1, notice...the authors disccuss false teachers deceiving people in churches. This is still a major problem to this day. Why do you think it is so easy for so many to be deceived today? How do we combat this in our own lives and recognize false teaching more readily?
6. Read Deuteronomy 11:18 and Proverbs 7:3
How do these verses apply to the question above?
7. What is the importance of the doxology? Do you at times find yourself complacent, numb, bored by the gospel? What causes this?
8. So what? Where do we go from here? What do you need to repent of? What areas of life/ministry do you need God to give you strength in?