The Danger of Deception
- Re-read 1 John 2:18-27. If possible, listen to the sermon again.
- Looking back over your notes from this week’s sermon what was the most important truth from God's Word? Was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged you, or confused you? Any questions?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:2-4. How have you specifically had to address the issue we see in these verses? How does the gospel, in particular, come against this thinking?
- Pastor Eric listed 5 common categories that lead to deconversions. (listed below). Which of these do you most identify with or has led to the biggest struggle in your life? Why?
a) view of God
b) intellectual reasons/science
c) pain, grief, and suffering
d) Feelings and emotions
e) cultural/political issues
- Additional resource: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/rhett-link-deconversion/
Discuss any thoughts or questions that arise?